Saturday, June 26, 2010

Joshua Samuel Boyce is here






I can't believe he is here already!!! Our little family is complete and now comes the adjustment of having two kids.
Thursday the 24th I had my weekly appointment that I went in for...my doctor checked me to see if I had dilated any since I had been having contractions through out the day. He was shocked to find that I was %100 effaced and dilated to a four already...he said, it looks like you will be having a baby tonight.
I went home and got Lilley's stuff all together, made fajitas so I wouldn't have to eat hospital food, got Seth and we were off.
We dropped Lilley off at my moms and got to the hospital a little early than probably expected...I just didn't want to miss my window for an epideral.
The nurses got me all set up and then I was checked again...still dilated to a four...my doctor broke my water and said in a few hours you probably will be ready for your epideral. Well, 20 minutes after my water broke I went from a 4 to a 7 and then 20 more mintues later I was pushing...my total labor was 58 minutes and there was no time for my epideral. The nurses had me hooked to an iv just as I was pushing and due to the quickness of everything...my hands seized up and my body went into shock but everything went smoothly...little Joshua is healthy and we were released 15 hours later.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

We are thrilled for you! A big hug-full of congratulations to you and your family. Glad he made it here safely. Hope all goes well!

michele said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. You look GREAT and your baby is Beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats Heidi & Seth! He is adorable! So happy for all of you and wish you all the best with your newly-expanded family. :)

Kim and Dave said...

Glad everyone is safe, happy and healthy. What a wonderful family you all are, and Lilly will be such a great big sister. Congrats and all our love.

Sarah Jane said...

Congrats Heidi! He is so adorable, I can't believe you did it natural! That is amazing. I'm so happy for you!

Jamie Garlick said...

what an adorable baby! And congrats going natural, even if it wasn't planned! You are a strong woman!