Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seth flying

When Seth started this flying business he told me that he will be doing a solo flight without his dad in a few weeks...okay that didn't set well with me because he is just getting started with flying and how could he be ready to fly a solo flight without his dad. He told me when that day came he would like me to be there to see him...I told him that I wouldn't cause I didn't want to watch him crash.

Today I get a call from my father in law telling me that Seth is doing his solo right now and Seth had no idea that today was the day. He also told me to say a prayer for him. I got off the phone and instantly said a prayer and was trying to evaluate what I was feeling. I instantly wanted to be there to see...I felt excited, nervous and scared all at once. I grabbed the camera, Lilley and I was out the door. I was hoping I wouldn't miss it...I called my father in law and asked him how much time I had, was he already in the air? I had less than a five minute drive and he had already done his first touch down with two more to go. I got there in time to watch him land twice and take off twice...he looked so good and I was just so excited for him and I have to say it was a major turn on...

Now the pictures below are of him...the pictures aren't great but the dot is him and the last picture is when he landed. Next time he goes out I will be taking my camera to get a better zoom in.















As you know Seth bought an airplane in December and while he was home for Christmas break, his dad started teaching him to fly and since he has been home he has been getting some hours in flying...These are some pictures from yesterday when Seth went up with his dad.



2 comments:

{Ninirei} said...

Wow how exciting!! Alaska looks so Beautiful. I bet you are glad that he is home though. LOve you guys.

Scooter said...

Bing the pilot!!!

Looking good, my friend!